The Dignity Colony: A Prison and Torture Facility Disguised as a Religious Colony
Colonia Dignidad (The Dignity Colony) was established by Paul Schaefer in the late 1950’s outside of Chile. It was originally meant to be a self-sufficient, religious commune. Its members were everyday people who were members of Mr. Schaefer’s Baptist congregation in Germany.
The colony was really proven to be a post World War II concentration camp, torture factory, and religious cult founded and managed by the nefarious Nazi party exponent Paul Schaefer. Schaefer, like most German teenagers in the 30s and 40s, was a member of Hitler Youth. In 1959, Schaefer was charged with molesting children in his care and he fled the country, apparently with over 70 loyal followers.
Former members of the sect told reporters and Chilean and German officials of Mr. Schaefer’s unsavory tendencies. He was always accompanied by a handpicked coterie of boys who ran his errands, brushed his hair and tied his shoes. He maintained total control over the lives of his followers, the former members said. He forbid contact with the outside world and used electric shocks and tranquilizers to punish those who broke his rules. No children were ever born at the colony because if a member became pregnant, a forced abortion occurred. Schaefer titled himself “Permanent Uncle”.
Having been deprived of adequate sleep, subsisting on a modest diet and continually indoctrinated into Schaefer’s dictates and in no position to argue, members of his commune complied with his every wish. Most of them spoke only German and had nowhere to turn for thousands of miles. Schaefer also laid down some irrational, unreasonable and repressive rules, starting with a ban on sexual relations between cult members. To enforce this, he kept the residents segregated by gender (the womans compound is pictured above). Everyone had to work 12 to 14 hours for food each day, in complete silence. These techniques were designed to isolate individuals, keeping their minds in a state of fatigue, bordering on trauma making them more susceptible to outside stimuli & post hypnotic suggestion.
As to why a psychotic facist pedophile was allowed to run a militarized compound in the middle of Chile. The fact is he had become an attractive asset to the Chilean authorities. Having a compound full of brainwashed and terrified followers surrounded by gun towers and electrified razor wire made Colonia Dignidad one of the primary torture camps for Chile’s US-supported dictator, Augusto Pinochet. Right after the coup, the Chilean military didn’t know how to torture. Prisoners would die very quickly. Germans in the colony knew how to keep a person alive for several days or weeks while putting him or her through the most terrible agony and humiliation. When he was finally tried for human rights abuses and sex crimes, he was charged along with over 20 accomplices.
Chilean police found a military arsenal buried at Colonia Dignidad pictured above, including 92 machine guns, 104 semiautomatic weapons, more than 1,800 hand grenades and an unknown number of surface-to-air missiles. They also found files detailing how people had been “disappeared,” detained and tortured at the Colony during the Pinochet era.
In 2006, Mr. Schaefer was sentenced to 20 years for sexually molesting 26 boys and three years for violating weapons laws. In 2008, he received additional sentences for torturing colony residents and for killing an allegedly traitorous security agent who had served under Pinochet. Schaefer died in 2010 at the age of 89 in a Chilean prison.
- ras-kolnik reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- officialcharlemagne reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- sicksugar likes this
- that-karmas-coming-round likes this
- kainiak likes this
- jamal2002 likes this
- niggaturtles2 likes this
- duckieschicken reblogged this from lookfar
- lookfar reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- soldbyerik likes this
- omgyoureakitty likes this
- whycantiwakeup reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- inmyboxershalfstonedd likes this
- theycallmegomer reblogged this from deamhan
- theycallmegomer likes this
- jerk-o-lantern likes this
- shauny-a-la-mode likes this
- berllly likes this
- meow-schwitz reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- tintaenpapel likes this
- biodusk reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- freemah-ness likes this
- turntechdjhead likes this
- droitdemourir reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- dustbowlugly likes this
- almondsour reblogged this from deamhan
- minigigi reblogged this from deamhan
- frankenlobo reblogged this from deamhan
- cl4ir-voyant reblogged this from sweeter-than-xanax
- eternal-bleeding-hearts likes this
- peashooter85 likes this
- balaclavva likes this
- crowhousescratch reblogged this from deamhan
- sweeter-than-xanax reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- sweeter-than-xanax likes this
- deamhan reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- grimly-fiendish likes this
- yes-im-a-cat reblogged this from odditiesoflife
- odditiesoflife posted this